Canvas Collective Africa
When it comes to glamping, Canvas Collective Africa has taken it up a (tent) peg or two. We’re talking ultra-luxe spacious tents (with a shower, mini bar and electric blankets) and a chic, view-drenched fine-dining restaurant in the heart of a pine forest in the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley.
Each of Canvas Collective’s 10 bespoke tents is equipped with a king-sized bed with good linen and blankets, a heated blanket, hand-crafted furniture, a minibar and Nespresso machine, freestanding lamps, soft rugs underfoot, and luxurious ensuite bathrooms – with hot and cold running water, rain showers and flushing loos. Cushioned loungers and a fancy fireball fireplace outside each tent frame your mountain views in perfect privacy.
Designed in glass, steel and canvas, with simply styled decor and full-blown, panoramic views of the magnificent valley, The Field Kitchen is run by chef Mechell Spann (former executive chef at Salt at Paul Cluver) whose unpretentious and utterly delicious take on fine dining is a rare treat in these parts.
By day, cool off in the farm dam and laze over a picnic lunch, go honey-collecting, learn about beer and breadmaking, visit neighbouring wine estates for tastings, or drive to the coast at nearby Onrus or Hermanus to spot southern right and humpback whales (during whale season).
As the sun sets, grab a seat on the mountain-hugged deck for pre-dinner sundowners that segue into a gourmet dinner paired with local wines, and a night beside the roaring fire.
There are 10 bespoke tents, each sleeping two.
- Boutique tent with king-size bed
- Ensuite bathroom (with flushing toilet and hot-water rainshower)
- Minibar/drinks trolley and Nespresso machine
- Private outdoor area with cushioned loungers and fireball fireplace
- All meals are catered by The Field Kitchen and included in the daily rate. These include breakfasts in bed, complete with artisan coffee and mimosa cocktails; country picnics; high tea in the veld; gourmet dinners; and in-tent midnight snacks.
- Non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages, apart from international wines and spirits, are included in the daily rate.
THINGS TO DO
On the property
- Gourmet dinners at The Field Kitchen
- Alfresco high tea
- Picnicking in the veld
- Fishing and paddle boarding at the dam
- Breadmaking with the chef
- Rock-painting for children
- Walking trails with a guide
- Mountain-biking trails (guests can bring their own bikes)
- Stargazing (telescope available)
In the area
- Wine-tasting in the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley
- Shops, restaurants and markets in Hermanus
- Beaches and tidal pools in Onrus and Hermanus
- Fire Pit
- Coffee Machine
- Secure Parking
- Backup Power
|07 Jan 2024 - 30 Apr 2024