Sanjika Escapes: Boshuis
In indigenous forest at the foot of the Outeniqua mountains, you’ll find Sanjika Escapes’ farm stay, the Boshuis. Here you’re a mere 15 minutes from George Airport, but you’ll feel miles away from civilization, surrounded by just birdsong, fresh mountain air and the sound of the nearby stream.
An off-grid getaway that uses solar energy, gas and borehole water, Boshuis is built for rest and relaxation. Comfy sitting areas (inside around the fireplace and outside around the fire pit), large windows, outdoor showers and a hot tub with forest views let you soak up the restorative powers of nature.
Meander through the farm on a handful of paths, along the Modder River, through the indigenous forest and to a waterfall and freshwater pool. You may never want to leave your forest bolthole, but if you do, the many attractions of the Garden Route are on your doorstep.
Boshuis accommodates up to four guests in two ensuite bedrooms.
- Two bedrooms with king-size beds (can be converted to twin)
- Ensuite bathroom with a bathtub (with views), indoor and outdoor shower
- Fully equipped kitchen with a four-plate gas hob, microwave, toaster and fridge/freezer
- Complimentary welcome pack of eggs, bottle of homemade piquante peppers, and farm-baked rusks
- Dining area with four-seater dining table and chairs
- Lounge with comfortable seating and a wood-burning stove
- Enclosed patio that runs the length of the house and features a dining table and benches, two seating areas and a built-in braai.
- Board games and books
- Boma firepit with seating
- Pizza oven
- Wood-fired hot tub for guests to enjoy
Good to know
A higher clearance vehicle is recommended. A 4x4 is not necessary, but there are bumpy and oftentimes muddy farm roads to navigate.
THINGS TO DO
On the property
- Walks through the forest and along the river
- The Modder River with waterfall and pool for swimming
- Farm dam for swimming, canoeing and SUPing (there is a canoe and SUP board available for guests to borrow).
In the area
- Hiking, trail running and mountain-biking
- Garden Route beaches for swimming, surfing, kitesurfing
- Golf at Fancourt and other courses in the area
- Paragliding in Wilderness
- Boat trips and kayaking on the Knysna Lagoon
- Restaurants and shops in George, Wilderness, Sedgefield and Knysna
- Ocean safaris from Plettenberg Bay
- Tsitsikamma forest canopy tours
- Cango Caves and ostrich farms in Oudtshoorn
- Hot Tub
- Indoor Fireplace
- Fire Pit
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Iron + Ironing Board
- Outdoor Shower
- Pizza Oven
- Secure Parking
- Backup Power
- Washing Machine